Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Regaining My Life

What happened to my life?

In August, I was a new mom to a teenager, 1/3 of my way through a book project, and feeling pretty spiffy about life, in general.

Then life hit hard: some deaths in the family, my stepfather has Crone's, a teenager proved the equivelant to possessing the energy of a toddler... etc., etc., etc.  Then, no sooner did I catch my breath from that, but then my teen's crappy attitude towards school and my own school's financial woes attacked my energy. I put on my big-girl's panties and adapted to these left turns just in time to receive the news that the owner of our home wanted us to either buy or move within a few months.

I lost my life this fall and, hey World? I want it back.

I want to wake up in the morning, have my tea, read a chapter or two of a good book, write about 200-300 words, and feel accomplished before hitting work. I want to come home, brimming with enthusiasm about cooking or writing. I want to feel like I'm progressing in some way in my life. What this progress looks like, I don't know...I just want to feel a forward momentum.

I'm done with treading in mud. I'm done with wondering how I lost four months of my life. I'm done with this awful feeling of crappitude.

In less than 30 days, we move to our new house: a minimally fixer-upper with lots of space. My teen's attitude has somewhat improved thanks to a near straight-A report card (B+ in Art). I can't fix my school's woes, but I can begin now to look for a new job instead of waiting until June.

In other words...I can't regain my four month long blackhole, but I can regain my perspective and my positive attitude.

Hey World? I'm coming back.

5 comments:

  1. I support this. Good Luck! And if you need a tea drinking buddy, let me know. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I don't think my name showed up, so I should have signed that...

    ~Joanna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, Jo!

    This morning, I'm reading and writing and sipping my Celestial Seasonings...yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My new favorite tea is a blend called Champagne Rose: Black tea with rose petals, strawberry, and little champagne beads. Delicious!

    ReplyDelete